This ad is expired.
Adjunct Instructor - Drama/Theater Arts (POOL)
Posting Number: F00885
Location: Los Medanos College
Description of Position:
The department is creating a pool of instructors to teach dramatic arts courses and direct productions.
Contact Nick Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Masters or Master of Fine Arts in drama/theater arts/ performance
Bachelors or Bachelor of Fine Arts in drama/theater arts/performance
AND Masters in comparative literature, English, communication studies, speech, literature or humanities
OR the equivalent
Substantial formal training, experience and interest in teaching one or more of the theatre courses listed above. Ability to work with a diverse student population.
Job Open Date: 07/25/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: Fall 2022
# of Months: 4
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net/postings/9442
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency