This ad is expired.
Monterey Peninsula College
Adjunct Pool - Stagecraft Instructor
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: 2018-00106
Location: Monterey, CA
Division: Creative Arts
Monterey Peninsula College is currently accepting applications to establish a pool for future part-time teaching assignments in this discipline to teach Theatre Workshop courses.
Theatre Workshop courses are an introduction to technical theatre and the creation of scenic elements. It includes basic concepts of design, painting techniques, set construction, set movement, prop construction, backstage organization, and career possibilities. It may include stage management, lighting, and/or sound techniques. It also includes lecture, reading, projects, and practical experience.
THEA 20- Intro to Theatre Design
THEA 19- Stagecraft
THEA 23- Introduction to Stage Lighting
Proof of Vaccination
New employees may begin working in their assignments only after the district has received proof that the person is fully vaccinated or an exemption has been approved.
Example of Duties
Under the general supervision of the Division or Department Chair, the adjunct instructor will provide instruction in accordance with course descriptions, outlines, class schedules, and Governing Board policy; evaluate progress of students concerning educational matters, and perform other instructional related duties as assigned. Instructor may be assigned to the Monterey campus. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet each scheduled class and teach or conduct learning exercises for the entire period.
- Contact the appropriate division chair or administrator in advance to make arrangements for unavoidable absences.
- Provide each student at the beginning of the course with written information about the course, to include a full description of the grading system and how the student will be evaluated.
- Accurately keep required class records on attendance, withdrawal and grading.
- Submit when due, all necessary reports such as attendance and grade reports, roll books, and class information sheets, and certify as to their accuracy.
- Comply with all institutional policies and procedures.
- Give careful attention to all bulletins, memorandums and emails from administrative offices.
- Check faculty mailbox and MPC email frequently.
- A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identify, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Any bachelor's degree or higher AND two years of professional experience
- Any associate degree AND six years of professional experience
- the equivalent. (Equivalent Form must be submitted for consideration)
Professional experience must be directly related to the faculty member's teaching assignment.
Work Schedule / Supplemental Information
During the application process, you will be asked to submit the following items:
- Cover Letter
- We require unofficial copies showing all undergraduate and graduate coursework. Official copies will be required at the time of hire. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by the applicant's expense. Click here for a list of Foreign Transcript Evaluation Services.
- Equivalency Form (optional, based on minimum qualifications)
Please do not upload any items not listed above (such as letters of recommendation), as they will not be forwarded to the hiring committee.
- Teaching assignments are part-time and temporary in nature. The District retains the right of assignment. Assignments are subject to Governing Board approval, adequate enrollment size, and assignment to a contract instructor.
- Offer and assignment of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credentials, transcripts, TB clearance, and fingerprint check as required.
Monterey Peninsula College actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants interested in working in an environment which values flexibility, openness to change, collaboration, respect for others and their points of view, and involvement in College activities, all with the goal of meeting the needs of our diverse student population. The District does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, sex, religion, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.
The District is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the District is to encourage applications from all persons. No person shall be denied employment because of ethnicity or race, color, sex or gender,
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mpc/jobs/2179514/adjunct-pool-stagecraft-instructor
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-a333f658c39a4349b9c03c054ce431d4