Suffolk University is pleased to announce a career opportunity as the Operations Manager in the Theater Department! This full-time, on-campus staff position begins in January 2022. The department seeks someone with strong technical theatre expertise, problem-solving abilities, supervisory and management skills, and both the desire and capacity to work well with students. Suffolk's generous benefits package includes free tuition. This might be an opportunity to pursue a master's degree in one of the many academic areas Suffolk offers!
The Operations Manager coordinates the daily scheduling, planning, maintenance, safety protocols, and presentation of the Theatre Department and non-departmental programs and events in the Modern and Studio Theatres; provides technical and design expertise; coordinates with Office of Campus Planning and Facilities for repairs and upkeep in the theatres; and assists with Theatre Department productions, programs, and classes. This position requires weekend and weeknight hours, a valid driver's license, and the ability to lift 50 lbs.
Minimum qualifications for the successful candidate include:
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts or Technical Theatre or significant comparable experience.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and a collaborator.
- Experience in the areas of sound, lighting, projection, video, rigging, and carpentry.
- Preference will be given to candidates with theatre facility planning
Applications should be made through the Suffolk HR website with a complete submission including the following components: cover letter, and resume. Review of applications will begin immediately, with a final application deadline of December 10, 2021.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/nVjwJesBeKdMcprDTwwwP
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency