Part Time Stage Director - Fine Arts Dept.- FY 2022
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Will be responsible for auditions to select the acting cast members. People and time management skills are a must, and able to focus on safety in the theatre. Must be able to collaborate with the technical crew, which may consist of lighting, scenic, sound, and costume designers and technicians. The director blocks the play by adapting the actor movements to workable floor plans on the set. Director must lead rehearsals and be able to collaborate creatively with the actors, artistic team, and technical crew.
- Interpret a script or devise a script based on the guidelines provided by the Production Manager for the Department of Fine Arts.
- Attend all design/production meetings set up by the Production Manager, Stage Manager, or initiated by the director for design meetings.
- Work with designers to finalize production plans.
- Coordinate dates, times, auditions, rehearsals, and technical schedules with the Production Manager.
- Work with and assist with training the student Stage Manager assigned to the show.
- Support student success in roles related to production assignments.
- Manage the overall interpretation and presentation of the production for performance.
- Be aware of the physical demands of the students, staff, and program. Work with the Performing Arts Center to address all safety related concerns when using the theatre spaces. Adhere to federal, state, NSHE, and CSN safety regulations.
- Cast roles in the play with CSN student and community members.
- Provide an opportunity for designer presentations and run throughs.
- Train and rehearse actors for performance in the production.
- Assist with technical rehearsals and run-throughs while providing direction to the production team.
- Provide notes to actors and production teams throughout the production process.
- Adhere to deadlines and budgeting restraints set forth by the Production Manager.
- Attend opening night of the production.
$6,000.00 pending assigned project.
Note to Applicant
Applicants must fully document their education and experience to demonstrate meeting the minimum qualifications of the position.
All attachment(s) must be received on or before the closing date posted on the job announcements.
This position may require a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate selected for hire. References may be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs. HR may attempt to verify academic credentials.
Job postings are specific to the Nevada System of Higher Education.
To be considered for this position, upload the following documents to your application:
- Resume /CV - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional)
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Part-Time-Stage-Director----Fine-Arts-Dept--FY-2022_R0126510
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency